Iḷisaġvik College’s information technology program currently is offering courses that allow students to receive certification for passing selected courses and, if the students so choose, to go on and earn industry recognized certification.
Admission Requirements and Prerequisites
Students must meet general admissions requirements.
Upon successful completion of the IT certification courses, students are able to:
- Use current and emerging software applications proficiently to conduct office operations.
- Support end-users in an office by:
- Installing and upgrading software
- Troubleshooting software and hardware problems
- Performing basic computerized administrative functions
- Coordinating a networked environment
- Creating technical documentation and procedures
- Developing system backups
- Function in the office with an understanding of organizational structure.
- Listen well, speak clearly, and produce written documents that meet a high standard of accuracy and mechanical correctness.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Interact effectively with clients and customers.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors that contribute to job acquisition and career advancement.
- Work ethically and effectively with subordinates, superiors, customers, and other stakeholders in professional matters.
- Manage business affairs with professionalism, integrity, and a spirit of inquiry.
- Integrate Iñupiaq knowledge, values and culture into business practice.
Internet and Computing Core Certification
Certiport’s Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3) is the ideal certification for anyone who wants to demonstrate critical computer and Internet skills valued in today’s academic and professional environments. IC3 certifications help you learn and demonstrate Internet and digital literacy through a worldwide industry standard. This program also provides a solid foundation for the Information Technology advanced training. IC3 is a prerequisite course for other IT courses.
The CompTIA A+ industry certification is the computer technology industry’s leading hardware and software support standard for entry level service technicians. A+ is rapidly becoming necessary for employment in the information technology field. In this course students will learn to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance on computer hardware and software. Successful completion of the course will prepare you to take the two certification exams. Upon successful completion, you will also receive recognition from Iḷisaġvik College that will identify the proficiency of your knowledge. The course number for A+ is IT 292.
CompTIA Network+ is another important industry certification that is widely recognized within the IT profession. Earning the Network+ certificate is considered to be the equivalent of two years of IT experience. In this course, students learn basic network installation and maintenance troubleshooting skills. Successful completion of the course will prepare you to take the certification exam. Upon successful completion, you will also receive recognition from Iḷisaġvik College that will identify the proficiency of your knowledge. The course number for Network+ is IT 291.
Information Technology Support Specialist Certification
The Information Technology Support Specialist Certificate prepares students not only with basic computer knowledge and skills, but also prepares them to work effectively in a business setting. Students earning this certificate will be able to demonstrate to prospective employers the knowledge and skills they have learned and their readiness for employment in an entry level IT position.
Information Technology Support Specialist II Certification
This is a one-year certificate program designed to provide students with broader skills that will help them function more effectively as an IT professional.