- Resetting your Iḷisaġvik password through WebMail
- Set up email on a portable device.
- Set up email forwarding to another account through OWA (Outlook Web Access).
- Open another user’s mailbox (Special Permissions Required).
The Information Services Division (IS) provides service to the students, faculty, and staff (End users) of Iḷisaġvik College. Its services include support for the connectivity and infrastructure, as well as providing data and telecommunications. IS provides and supports the infrastructure within the facility of academic and administrative buildings including Tuzzy Library and Browerville Center.
Please inform us immediately of any technical issues by calling 907-852-1776 or e-mailing us at email@example.com .
Values of a Learning Community
- We are socially inclusive and actively pursue opportunities to ensure that all our members are part of our learning communities
- We view information technologies, including Internet accessible interactive multimedia technologies, as tools for enriching learning by tailoring instruction to social, organizational, and individual needs.
- We value interconnections and cultural links to other institutions and organizations for expanding access and opportunity to educational resources.
- We provide flexible learning programs available to address all students’ needs.
- We will continue to support the educational demands of knowledge workers. This includes restructuring learning resources, administrative systems, networks, policy, etc. to meet the needs of our current and future institutional population.
- Guiding the institution toward the realization of its mission is an underlying set of goals upon which programs and services are designed and evaluated. Thus, the use of communications and information technologies will incorporate these goals:
- Student success will be at the center of all Iḷisaġvik College endeavors and its realization will be pursued as a collaborative effort among all areas of Iḷisaġvik College- central administration, academic programs, student services, and administrative support services.
- Iḷisaġvik College will constantly embrace information technology in creative, experimental, and practical ways to enhance and maximize the creation and delivery of instructional resources and to develop and strengthen its administrative support systems.
- Iḷisaġvik College will provide an environment that supports flexible access to educational programs, knowledge resources, and administrative systems.
- Iḷisaġvik College will seek to build strong community partnerships and will emphasize the value of its faculty, students, and staff providing service to the community.
- Iḷisaġvik College will continuously assess the value, effectiveness, and currency of its programs, instruction, and services with a view toward continual renewal and improvement.
Computer Use Policy
Iḷisaġvik College is pleased to offer computer and Internet access for staff, faculty and students. The College maintains and routinely monitors network activity with the right to place reasonable restrictions on the use of college provided computers and Internet access. All users are subject to the following account guidelines and conditions:
Account Guidelines and Conditions
- Offensive, threatening or otherwise explicit/implicit information is not to be saved, accessed or transmitted in any way through Iḷisaġvik College equipment.
- The installation, use or storage of games, utilities or programs not specifically approved by Information Systems is strictly prohibited and subject to removal without notification.
- College class/business-related data is to be stored on an assigned network drive (shown as the “H, S, U” and any other mapped network drives on the computer you log onto) or a removable diskette or zip disk that the user provides. Data stored on any computer’s local hard drive “C:” is not protected and subject to data loss or removal without notification to the user. (Please read the attached document for more information about the use of network drives.)
- Sharing of User ID/Password is prohibited. The account owner is responsible for any unacceptable activity regardless of who uses the account. Protect your user ID from use by any user other than yourself.
- Examination, copying and/or modification of another user’s data/account are prohibited. No one other than the account owner is to have access to the user’s account.
- Junk mail, personal advertisements, chain mail and large attachments are not to be stored in user email account and inappropriate use of email may result in the user’s loss of e mail privileges.
- Hacking or network monitoring utilities are not to be stored, utilized or transmitted on College computer equipment. Violation of this restriction will result in the user’s immediate loss of network and computer privileges.
- Vandalism, willful destruction and/or inappropriate use of Iḷisaġvik property will result in the user’s loss of network/computer privileges and may result in legal action against the account owner.
Throughout its classroom facilities and student housing, Iḷisaġvik College offers computers and Internet access for student use in study, classroom activities, career development, and self-discovery activities. The College has the right to place reasonable restrictions on the material you access or post through the system. The computers are not to be used to produce or engage in lewd, indecent, or obscene material or behavior. Such activities are in violation of Iḷisaġvik Student Code of Social Conduct and may be considered in violation of Iḷisaġvik College Sexual Harassment Policy.
Guidelines for the appropriate computer and network use are described below:
Discontinue use of a college computer for personal or recreational activities if no other computers are available for students to use for class assignments.
Protect your user ID from unauthorized use.
Be considerate in the use of shared resources. Refrain from monopolizing systems, overloading networks with excessive data, or wasting computer time, disk space, printer paper, or other resources.
You are expected to follow the rules set forth here and follow any and all applicable laws. Failure to do so may result in loss of computer privileges.