IỊisaġvik College offers a series of courses that help students master the foundational skills necessary for college success. Classes focus on strengthening English and Math skills, so students can confidently and successfully transition into 100-level courses.
- Demonstrate ability to organize materials in a logical manner.
- Demonstrate leadership and participative skills to collaborate effectively.
- Demonstrate research skills necessary to retrieve digital and textual information.
- Demonstrate sufficient reading, oral and written English skills to be able to succeed in college-level courses.
- Demonstrate sufficient mathematical skills to be able to enter Math 105.
- Be able to apply mathematical operations including fractions, decimals, percents, ratios and basic linear equations.
- Demonstrate basic computer literacy skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of real numbers, equalities, inequalities, exponents and polynomials by solving systems of linear equations.
ACCUPLACER is a computer-adaptive placement test that helps to place students into the appropriate course level. Students do not pass or fail the test; they do not earn a grade. The sole purpose of the test is to place the students in the course level that they are able to complete successfully. Students are placed into foundational courses based on the following scores:
If you’re taking the ACCUPLACER soon and would like to take practice tests, please visit https://uniontestprep.com/accuplacer-test/practice-test