Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) can be submitted:
- Online at www.fafsa.gov
- Mobile device through myStudentAid Mobile App via Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Directly to Federal Student Aid or Financial Aid Office by paper FAFSA. Download and print FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
Students seeking financial aid assistance must meet the following conditions to be eligible for most financial aid programs:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the GED certificate.
- Meet the admission requirements of the College and be admitted as a regular student.
- Be admitted to an approved degree or certificate program.
- Be enrolled in courses each semester in the approved program of study or approved remedial preparation courses for that program of study.
- Be in good academic standing according to the College’s Standards of Academic Progress Policy.
- Submit applications to external scholarship programs and funding agencies by the posted deadline for the scholarship programs.
- Apply every year for Federal Financial Aid.
Payment of Financial Aid
Federal Aid (PELL & FSEOG) Disbursements
Federal aid packages are divided into two disbursements per semester. Accordingly, there are two scheduled disbursement dates per term.
The amount of a refund, repayment or return of federal aid is based on the U.S. Department of Education regulations concerning return of federal financial aid. Any refund or repayment calculation exceeding the amount of the refund determined by College policy will be charged to the student.
Scholarships are disbursed as a single payment in conjunction with the last federal aid disbursement. The amount of refund, repayment or return of scholarship funds is based on scholarship award letter conditions. Any refund or repayment calculation exceeding the amount of the refund determined by College policy will be charged to the student.
All Financial Aid Payment Information
- Financial aid is not released prior to start of each semester.
- You should allow at least five days for processing after accepting your award(s) before inquiring about a refund check.
- The Business Office posts all financial aid funds to student accounts according to the disbursement schedule.
- Enrollment and attendance is verified prior to each disbursement.
- Students receiving financial aid are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor and with the financial aid office before making the decision to withdraw from class.
- Withdrawals may require repayment of financial aid and could prevent the ability to gain future student financial aid.
- All semester educational expenses must be paid before any remaining balances are released.
- Refund checks are mailed to the address of record.
- Proper photo identification required for all in‐person check pick‐ups.
- Billing information can be viewed any time via student portal.