Scholarships are typically awarded for outstanding academic achievement, special talents, or tribal affiliation. This funding is also used to cover college costs such as tuition, fees, room/board, books, etc. Similar to grants, scholarships usually do not have to be repaid after the student graduates.
Begin applying for financial aid immediately. Scholarship deadlines occur before the start of each semester. Most scholarship providers require admission into an Iḷisaġvik College degree, certificate, or endorsement program.
After you have submitted you application, follow up with each scholarship provider:
- Confirm they have received all necessary documentation.
- Students should not assume they have scholarship funding simply by applying.
- Scholarship providers will send you notification of your funding in an award letter.
No aid is released prior to the first day of instruction. Scholarships are disbursed as a single payment in conjunction with the last federal aid disbursement of each semester.
- Tuition, fees and all other amounts owed to Iḷisaġvik College must be paid before the proceeds of your financial aid are released.
- Refunds, repayments or return of scholarship funds to provider is based on conditions set by each scholarship provider as stated in their award letter.
- Any refund or repayment calculation exceeding the amount of financial aid will be charged to the student.
- You should allow at least five days for processing after accepting your award(s) before inquiring about a refund check.
- The Business Office posts all financial aid funds to student accounts according to the disbursement schedule.
- Refund checks are mailed to the address of record.
- Proper photo identification required for all in-person check pick-ups.
- Billing information can be viewed any time via student portal.
American Indian College Fund
The American Indian College fund supports tribal colleges across the nation including Iḷisaġvik College. AICF provides financial and resource support. Visit their website at: www.collegefund.org to learn more.
Here are a few AICF quick links:
Contact Financial Aid
Financial Aid Office
Stevenson/NARL Main Campus
PO Box 749, Utqiaġvik (Barrow) Alaska, 99723