- Update to Ilisagvik Community 7.29.20
- CARES Act Emergency Relief Fund – Updated July 15, 2020
- COVID-19 Ilisagvik College Mitigation Plan 5.26.20
- Update to Ilisagvik Community 5.26.20
- Update to Ilisagvik Students 3.31.20
- Update to Ilisagvik Community 3.31.20
- Update to Ilisagvik Students 3.18.20
- Update to Ilisagvik Community 3.17.20
- Update to Ilisagvik Community 3.16.20
- Update to Ilisagvik Students 3.16.20
- Update to Ilisagvik Community 3.10.20
Health officials worldwide are working to contain the spread “coronavirus disease 2019” or “COVID-19,” originating in Wuhan, China, which the World Health Organization in mid-March characterized as a pandemic.
Iḷisaġvik’s priority is to keep each the Iḷisaġvik Community healthy and safe as we monitor the evolving conditions of COVID-19. In the interest of proactively protecting our community, we are taking the following steps at Iḷisaġvik to help contain the virus:
- All college related travel is suspended until further notice, exceptions to this are determined on a case-by-case for instructions.
- All non-essential college programming, gatherings, and community events are canceled until further notice.
- In agreement with the CDC recommendation, we will ask any employee and student who has traveled out of the country and or out of the state on personal travel, to quarantine for 14 days upon return.
We would like to stress the importance of the following preventative measures:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your arm.
- Frequent cleaning of doorknobs, light switches, and other commonly touched areas with disinfectant wipes.
- Avoiding contact with people who are ill.
- Stay home from work or school if you are ill.
For additional information about the coronavirus, including signs and symptoms, transmission and risk of exposure, and what to do if you are exhibiting symptoms, please refer to the latest updates: