View Tuition Waiver Application (PDF, 268 Kb)
In an effort to increase access to postsecondary education, Iḷisaġvik College offers the following tuition waivers:
- Mayor’s Tuition Waiver: North Slope residents receive an education tuition waiver through support from the North Slope Borough’s Mayor. (Must be a North Slope Borough resident for at least 30 days and at least 18 years of age to qualify.)
- Alaska Native/American Indian, off-Slope Tuition Waiver: Alaska Native/American Indian students who do not reside on the North Slope.
- North Slope Borough School District Tuition Waiver: Certified teachers employed by the North Slope Borough School District taking DEED approved classes.
- North Slope Fire Department Tuition Waiver: Employed or volunteer firefighter/EMS personnel.
- Iḷisaġvik Employee/Spouse/Dependent Waiver
- North Slope Borough Elder Waiver: North Slope Borough residents, at least 62 years of age.