Learn to excel in the workplace and take your career to the next level!
Iḷisaġvik College offers a number of business-related programs of study to prepare participants for employment at many different levels. The various programs offer students a career ladder approach to business and office-related careers.
The Office Administration program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to seek promotional advances from general office and clerical work to beginning-level Administrative Assistant in an office environment.
Students will use current and emerging word processing technologies to produce organizational documents and presentation materials. Also, they will individually and collaboratively manage multiple office tasks, prioritizing and reprioritizing in response to changing demands. At Iḷisaġvik College, you can learn all those skills and more!
Upon successful completion of the Office Administration Program graduates are able to:
- Use current and emerging technologies to produce organizational documents, spreadsheets and presentation materials that are clear, concise and mechanically correct.
- Individually and collaboratively manage multiple office tasks, prioritizing and reprioritizing in response to changing demands.
- Perform the general office procedures of typing, filing, equipment operation, mail distribution, phone calls, and tasks requiring basic math calculations (like inventory).
- Work ethically and effectively with subordinates, superiors, customers and other stakeholders in professional matters.
- Integrate Iñupiaq knowledge, values and culture into business practice.
Admission Requirements & Prerequisites
Students must meet general admissions requirements.
- Certificate, Office Management I
- Certificate, Office Management II
- Certificate, Medical Office Management I
- Certificate, Medical Office Management II
- Associate of Applied Science, Office Management
Just a few of the potential career paths: Office Manager, Office Administration, Office Receptionist, Medical Office Administrator, General Manager, Administrative Assistant and MORE!