Training Today for Tomorrow’s Industries!
Iḷisaġvik College’s Information Technology program currently offers multiple pathways to earn certificates and a degree which should help students gain entry to technical positions, earn industry-recognized certification and/or go on to pursue further education in computer science, technical support and/or design. The degree offers the flexibility to earn technical knowledge and take elective courses in their field of interest (e.g, Allied Health, Business, Education, Construction Technology).
Upon successful completion of the program, students are able to:
- Use current and emerging software applications proficiently in the student’s field of interest.
- Apply technical knowledge in a variety of situations and environments.
- Work effectively in a team environment and interact effectively with clients and customers.
- Work ethically and effectively with subordinates, superiors, customers, and other stakeholders in professional matters.
- Integrate Iñupiaq knowledge, values and culture into business practice.
Admission Requirements & Prerequisites
Students must meet general admissions requirements.
- Associate Degree, Information Technology
- CertificateS I & II, Digital Arts in the Arctic
- Certificates I & II, Data Analysis
- Certificates I & II, Information Technology Support Specialist
- Endorsement, Office Productivity
Just a few of the potential career paths: Computer Graphics Specialist, Marketing Specialist, Helpdesk Technician, Database Manager, Data Analyst, Computer Support Specialist and much MORE!